We have a thing against Peeps.
It borders on hatred and disgust.
But this doesn’t mean we are anti all Easter eats. In fact, we really love bunnies, eggs and fare dotted in pretty pastels. It is just the marshmallow-sugar birds that make us cringe! Our vote: ban them or microwave them and watch them blow-up. The choice is yours.
Easter is the first family-focused event post the holidays which means that the main dish is normally covered by the host. So we decided to roundup our favorite side dish/dessert goodies that should make their way to your Easter table.
We think you will be pleased.
1. Easter Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Home Stories A to Z
Decorating your eats is part of the Easter fun and we can’t stop saying “so cute” about these festive chocolate covered strawberries.
2. Bunny Bait from Sing for your Supper Blog
An Easter-inspired trail mix! Now that is a snack we want to munch on.
3. Cadbury Crème Fudge from Raising 4 Princesses
We can’t express how genius this twist on a classic Easter candy is!
4. Dyed Deviled Eggs from Mom Dot
This is the modern way to decorate Easter eggs…don’t you think? #obsessed
5. Carrot Crescents from Hungry Happenings
These carrot sandwiches are a true crowd pleaser. Make them for a light lunch before the Easter feast.
6. Easter Egg Bark from Southern Girl Ramblings
The good thing about this recipe, there is plenty to go around…and trust us, you’ll need it.
7. Leftover Jelly Bean Pop-Tarts from Serious Eats
After the Easter egg hunt, this is an obvious next day recipe for your leftover Jelly Bellys.
8. Lamb Shaped Cake Pops from SheKnows
These little guys are so cute you might not want to eat them!
9. Sweet Pea and Mint Soup from Real Simple
Easter is a reminder that spring is in the air. Keep it green and light with a spring pea soup.
10. Easter Egg Lunch from Kailo Chic
When all else fails, just stuff healthy snacks into plastic eggs. Festive, healthy and fun…we are so in.
Do you have a favorite Easter recipe? What do you love about the spring holiday?