The best unofficial holiday of the year for most people is the Super Bowl. It’s like a dude Christmas party or something. But as with all parties, food becomes the focus.
We are watching the team not eating for the team…this is something that we need to remind ourselves after round 3 to the food table.
Finger foods. Dip. Cheesy chips. Finger licking. Crunch.
Change the game plan from the norm with these 10 healthy football party eats will have you enjoying the pigskin party without a sad face the next day.
Let the football mania begin.
1. Green Bean Blankets from Chef Mom
A childhood favorite with a green twist. We approve.
2. Pine Nut Stuffed Mushrooms from The Healthy Apple
Don’t get too excited, but these babies are stuffed with quinoa! Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar on top and munch away.
3. Gluten-Free Chili and Garlic Chex Mix from Betty Crocker
It’s a fiesta in your mouth! This tasty mix will be gone in a few handfuls.
4. Sweet Potato Skins from Pinch of Yum
Super Bowl or not, these orange crisps are making it on our plate.
5. Buffalo Chicken Sliders from The Wicked Noodle
We could drink Frank’s by the spoonful when we can cool our tongue with this blue cheese celery slaw.
6. White Bean Dip with Endive “Chips” from Tokyo Terrace
This dip makes us say “meh” to chips and queso. Really…it does!
7. Chopped Salad with Fried Garbanzo Beans from Oprah
We know salads are hibernating this time of year, but can you really deny yourself greens when topped with crunchy chick peas?
8. Pomegranate Glazed Shrimp from Heather Christo Cooks
“What did you bring to the Super Bowl party?” “Oh, just pomegranate glazed shrimp.” Instant friends.
9. Apple Nachos from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Mom always said skip the chips and eat your fruit. This is the ANSWER!
10. Spinach Artichoke Deviled Eggs from Ari’s Menu
The brilliant combo of spinach, artichoke and cheese in an egg cup. Out of this world amazing.
Who are you rooting for on Super Bowl Sunday? Which one of these recipes are your most excited to try?