One of the best parts of being a part of the wellness community is that reading the amazing work from other wellness gurus is part of the job. From desirable food photos to the scoop on how to get happy, these sites help inspire us to stay fit, eat healthy and take on the real world with a smile.
If you haven’t already, here are 11 websites you need to add to your Google Reader in the New Year:
1. MindBodyGreen: Created as a guide to all things wellness, MindBodyGreen provides great tools and advice to inspire a healthy life.
2. Well + Good NYC: The site helps city dwellers take on the healthy living world, but the team at Well + Good appeals to anyone who wants to get the scoop on health trends or the best juice recipes to try.
3. Yoga Dork: With a focus on all things yoga, YogaDork shares a slew of material you didn’t even know you wanted to know about yoga.
4. The Kitchn: Even with years of experience in the Kitchen, The Kitchn team blows us out of the water. Before we Google a strange food or a recipe question, we search The Kitchn.
5. She Knows: If you want to know what is hot in health and wellness, She Knows knows. We love the readability of this site and always learn a new thing or two about living healthfully.
6. How Sweet it Is: What we love about Jessica’s fabulous recipe site is she keeps it real. We are talking indulgences and life.
7. The Happiness Project: There is always an “aha” moment when you read the Happiness Project. No joke…happiness is just an article away.
8. The Greatist: If you haven’t jumped on The Greatist bandwagon you are missing out. Full of digestible advice on fitness, health and happiness the growing Greatist team is a site we look up to.
9. Lifehacker: If there is one thing we love it is simplifying our wellness approach. Hacking your life has never been so much fun. Lifehacker has the answer to all of your burning health questions + more. This is a site you want to do a daily check-in.
10. MizFitOnline: The personal and insightful approach to fitness gets us giddy about Carla Birnberg. If you don’t want to take fitness too seriously but still see results then Miz is your girl. (The day she followed us on Twitter we squealed at the screen.)
11. The Edible Perspective: There hasn’t been one recipe that Ashley has posted that we weren’t completely gaga over. And the photography gets an A+ in our book.
Name your favorite health and wellness site we should add to our list in the comment section below!