If there is one food trend we don’t want to see get the shaft in 2013 it is jar dining.
Who needs plates and bowls when you have this clever culinary alternative to everyday dishes with convenient portion sizes built in!
Move over TupperWare…here are 13 jar recipes we hope tantalize your taste buds this year.
1. Breakfast Casserole from Lovely Little Details
Bacon and eggs can easily happen when you just jar it up and go.
2. Lazy Lasagna from All Free Casserole Recipes
We have always wanted an individual lasagna. In a quick 30 minutes you can have one too.
3. Superfood Burrito from Eat Life Whole
It can be Cinco de Mayo everyday with this jar burrito in tow.
4. Key Lime Pie from Dairy Free Betty
We haven’t had much success with our pie skills in the past, but something about the mason jar makes it seem more manageable. Plus, key lime = yes please.
5. Ranch Chicken Salad from Food for my Family
For an unknown reason a salad in a jar is a million times more appetizing.
6. Cheddar Veggie Pot Pie from A Whisk and a Prayer
The mason jar solves all of our pot pie creation issues. No special dish needed…just the jar! So cute, no?
7. Banana Bread from Intimate Weddings
Ah! Baby banana breads! Love, love, love.
8. Red Velvet Cupcakes from My Baking Addiction
The latest wedding dessert trend just so happens to make an appearance in our household sans wedding. #sorrywearenotsorry
9. Baked Corn Dogs from Big Red Kitchen
Okay, our inner child is SHRIEKING. Corn dogs made right in a mason jar may be the smartest foodie invention of all time.
10. Simple Layer Dip from Savvy Mom
The only sadness is the layers stop at 7.
11. Blackberry Lemon Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Dash of East
No that is not yogurt. It is cheesecake…goat cheese cheesecake! Hallelujah.
12. Skinny Pumpkin Overnight Oats from Skinny Taste
October is 10 months away but we still want pumpkin spice and everything nice…NOW.
12. S’Mores Cake from How Sweet It Is
It must be the overflowing marshmallow that really gets us going.
Have you tried a jar recipe? Which one of these lucky 13 do you most want to try?