Bobby Flay continues to give his personal tips on living a fit and healthy lifestyle in episode 2 of the 7-part web series Bobby Flay Fit. Episode 2 focuses on motivation and we get an inside look of how Bobby’s day looks. Motivation is a key ingredient to a fitness plan because if your fitness inspiration is lacking, your enthusiasm to stay fit can be non-existent…and we all can relate to coach potato syndrome.
Bobby stays motivated by sticking to a regular exercise schedule. For him, a scheduled sweat session first thing in the morning is what puts him in a good mood for the rest of the day. His morning routine also consists of a guided stretch session to keep the injuries away and a planned post-workout snack that we can’t wait to try. He made a tea smoothie to refuel after his workout without blowing his hard work on a large breakfast.
We feel inspired by Bobby because he stays fit and healthy the right way and didn’t dive into a quick fix. Take a look at how Bobby stays motivated here:
- It is essential to have a workout schedule. Bobby likes to get his workout done first thing in the morning, but insists that you find a time of day that works for you and stick to it.
- Often times we are looking for motivation to inspire our fitness plan, but Bobby says that the act of exercising will motivate your desire to stay fit. You will start seeing results and want to continue with your fitness.
- Don’t let your post-workout snack kill your workout. Bobby suggests you plan what you will eat after you exercise ahead of time so you don’t have the urge to over indulge.
- Work stretching into your fitness routine. It gets the stress out of your body and continues to keep you strong and nimble.
- Think of exercise as your energy source for the day.
- Combine 1 to 2 cups of prepared cold tea such as Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger
- Mix in 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar, agave or honey (or more if you prefer your tea drinks a bit sweeter)
- Add one 10-ounce bag frozen mixed berries, thawed and 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Top with a handful of ice cubes
- Blend until smooth