The heat is on.
And toasty weather calls for time at the pool and the ice cream man.
Beat the summer heat naturally by eating foods that can cool you down from the inside out. Save money on your air conditioning bill and feel great on the hottest day…we’ll take it.
You don’t have to stock up on Popsicles to make it through the dog days of summer (although we have a Popsicle recipe roundup that will please you!). There are other foods out there that can bring your body temperature down to a livable level. Here are 10 recipes to eat to beat the summer heat:
1. Basil Mint Pesto from Pinch my Salt
This pesto is ideal for summer dining. It will instantly perk up your pastas or grilled veggies and leave you with a refreshing aftertaste.
2. Coconut and Lime Corn on the Cob from The Stay At Home Chef
Grilling is synonymous with summer. Cool down after your time in front of the fire by giving a summer favorite some refreshing and cooling flavors.
3. Chilled Cucumber Soup from Gilded Fork
Who says you can’t have soup in the summer? Get creaminess and coolness with this soup made for summer—no cooking required!
4. Summer Ceviche from Food 52
There is watermelon in this ceviche. You won’t be able to stop eating this amazing light recipe.
5. Healthy Ice Cream Sandwich from The Lean Green Bean
We think this one speaks for itself, but to sweeten the deal it only has 4 ingredients. Amaze.
6. BLT Summer Rolls from Inspired Taste
We love BLT’s because they celebrate garden fresh flavors with BACON. This twist on the classic is perfection.
7. Strawberry-Mango Salsa from Two Peas and their Pod
Refreshing. Colorful. Tropical. We would say this salsa hits all the marks.
8. Vanilla Lemongrass Coconut Ice Cream from Blogging Over Thyme
If this doesn’t sound like summer, we don’t know what does.
9. Avocado Wasabi Salad from Vegan Yum Yum
Spice might not be the first food you turn to when it is hot outside, but a kick in the mouth is capable of cooling because it can induce sweat which is your body’s natural way to lower your internal temperature. And for wasabi lovers, this one is muy bueno.
10. Watermelon Feta Orzo Salad from The Lonely Wife Project
When in doubt, go for the watermelon. The mixture of the feta and watermelon is a cool down party in your mouth.
How do you keep cool in the summer? Tell us which one of these recipes you will be making first!