Well, we have been missing out on a winter soup sent from the heavens. Sweet potato masterpiece, mind you.
When we saw this genius sweet potato soup creation from the Lunch Box Bunch there was an instant drool puddle. The creamy orange deliciousness will instantly warm your soul and it is oh-so-healthy too.
Sweet potatoes should always find their way into a healthy eater’s grocery basket a) to make this soup, but b) because the tater is bursting with nutritional goodness. They are a good source of vitamin C which just so happens to be an important vitamin to ward off the end of cold and flu season. They are also high in iron which is one mineral that keeps our energy up. And they contain magnesium—the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
Go orange immediately with this sweet potato soup! We can’t stop gawking at it and the creamy avocado topping.
Here is what you need to get sweet potato-ing in the kitchen:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (from a baked sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup+ No-Chicken Broth (or substitute vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup soy milk, original or plain or unsweetened flavors
- orange or satsuma zest (a pinch)
- salt (3 pinches)
- chipotle powder (1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 2-3 tortilla chips, crushed (I used red, spicy jalapeno chips!)
- dash of seasoned chili salt
For the rest of the recipe visit the Lunch Box Bunch. Like, now.
How delicious do you think this recipe is? What is your favorite winter soup?