At Bite Size Wellness we strive to bring you the best of health and wellness one bite at a time. If you think about it, each day is made up of little bites that we make, say, see and do for our healthy lifestyle.
Sometimes that includes feeling the burn through moves like rotating side planks. Feel those abs burn baby.
Plain old crunches are such a bore. However, we do love the tight abs that come from them. Adding in different core strengtheners to your workout not only mixes things up, but you could eventually see better results by incorporating some new moves than from crunching like your life depended on it.
Side planks with rotations are great moves to strengthen your core, arms and legs. Some may recognize the side plank from yoga, where in Sanskrit the name for the pose translates to “most excellent.” Try adding this move to your work out and hopefully you’ll see some most excellent results.
Get your sweat on by:
- Start by shifting your weight onto the outside of one foot, and rest the other foot on top. (if you are having trouble balancing – you can put the top foot on the ground as well in front of the bottom foot). (A)
- Support your torso by placing your bottom elbow on the ground. Be sure to have the elbow be directly in line with your shoulder. (A)
- Once you are in position A, raise your top arm keeping energy through the tricep as you reach. (B)
- Next, twist your shoulders and reach your top arm below your torso. (C)
- Be sure to hold your core in tight through the whole rotation.
- Repeat the rotation for 5 or 10 reps before switching to the other side.
Be sure to keep your core, arms, glutes and legs strong throughout the whole set for the best results.
Do you incorporate rotating planks into your fitness routine?