As we get closer and closer to the heart of the summer and the temperature keeps rising, the idea of toiling away in the kitchen over a hot stove or oven becomes less and less appealing. The solution: salad for dinner!
Salad unfortunately has the stigma of being a boring, bland side dish, but here are 10 delicious salad recipes that will definitely change your mind. They can also make for a great summer dinner without overheating your kitchen.
1. Heirloom Tomato and Beet Salad from Cooking Light
Tomatoes are in their prime in the summer. Highlight them in this light and simple salad with delicious beets.
2. Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens from Skinnytaste
Whole wheat pasta gives this salad substance without being too heavy.
3. Bread Salad with Cherries, Arugula & Goat Cheese from Delightful Crumb
Sweet, savory, crunchy, soft – this salad has it all!
4. Chopped Brown Rice Salad with Grapes and Pecans from The Kitchn
Summer grapes lend a surprising sweet bite in this delicious medley.
5. Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad from Martha Stewart
Capture the essence of summer in this simple salad. Serve it as a main course or as a side at a summer BBQ!
6. Lemon and Olive Oil Marinated Fennel with Burrata and Mint from Food52
Creamy, sweet burrata contrasts with crunchy, tangy fennel in this refreshing meal.
7. Quinoa Taco Salad from Love and Lemons
Try this lighter take on a burrito bowl for a refreshing summer dinner.
8. Black Bean Confetti Salad from Smitten Kitchen
Colorful and delicious – yes please!
9. Curried Waldorf Salad from the New York Times
Add a summer spicy twist to this classic salad.
10. Mango, Avocado, and Feta Kale Salad from Aida Mollenkamp
From sweet mango to tangy feta, this salad has it all.
What’s your favorite summer salad? Tell us below!